Forklift operator (order preparation)
Start of employment :
Description of the position
Under the supervision of the purchasing foreman, the forklift operator (order preparation) provides great customer service by preparing orders according to the purchase order given to him. Moreover, he prepares orders for deliveries by loading trucks optimally. He performs all related tasks, in compliance with the internal processes and rules of the Organization.
- Receive purchase orders to treat from the foreman.
- Drive the forklift to transport material.
- Load the truck by optimizing the available space.
- Check the truck’s shipment by comparing it to the purchase order.
- Give the purchase orders back to the foreman.
- Conduct daily maintenance operations on the forklift by following the inspection checklist, filling it out and giving it to the foreman.
- Notify the foreman of any mechanical issues.
- Help the other departments, if necessary.
- Tidy up the wood yard regularly to maintain optimal and safe preparation of orders.
- High school diploma (an asset).
- 1-year experience in a similar position (an asset).
- Good knowledge of French spoken.
- Functional English.
- Forklift driver’s licence.
- Being able to lift up to 70 lbs many times a day.
* Any pertinent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Share, adopt and showcase the mission and values of the Organization.
- Show great interpersonal communication skills, based on respect, diplomacy and judgment, and anchored in solutions finding.
- Provide great customer service.
- Show great consideration for teamwork.
- Have a great energy and positive attitude.
- Show great judgment.
- Be autonomous and resourceful and show initiative.
- Be organized and have a great capacity to carry many tasks at once.
- Salary based on experience, at a $15/hour minimum
- Training by the employer
- Employee rebate
- Group insurance
- Possibility of advancement
- Family business