Start of employment :
Description of the position
Under the supervision of the director of warehousing and handling, the yard clerk ensures excellent customer service by greeting customers in the lumberyard and loading their cars according to the order form provided. They perform all related tasks, in compliance with the internal processes and rules of the Organization.
1. Customer service (90%)
- Greet the customer’s vehicle at the lumberyard reception.
- Answer customer’s questions.
- Analyze the order form given by the customer.
- Direct the customer to the right place to pick up their order.
- Load the customer’s vehicle by hand according to his order.
- Bring the copy of the order form to the accounting department after the customer leaves.
2. Preparation of orders (10%)
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Tidy up the lumberyard on a regular basis to ensure optimal and safe preparation of orders.
- High school diploma (an asset).
- Having experience in a similar position (an asset).
- Good knowledge of French spoken.
- Functional English.
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs several times a day.
* Any pertinent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Share, adopt and showcase the mission and values of the Organization.
- Show great interpersonal communication skills, based on respect, diplomacy and judgment, and anchored in solutions finding.
- Provide great customer service.
- Show great consideration for teamwork.
- Have a great energy and positive attitude.
- Show great judgment.
- Be autonomous and resourceful and show initiative.
- Be organized and have a great capacity to carry many tasks at once.
- Salary based on experience, at a $15/hour minimum
- Training by the employer
- Employee rebate
- Group insurance
- Possibility of advancement
- Family business